Membership Categories & Fees
- Introductory Member: Under age 18, no previous membership in ANY USFSA or ISI Skating Club. Introductory Membership includes one parent representative. This membership includes club ice. A subscription to Skating magazine is also included. This is a one-time only option and is available only as a full year membership.
Fee is $210.00.
- Junior Member: A junior member/skater is a full club member under the age of 18. This membership includes USFSA registration for the skater and for one parent representative*, who is eligible (and encouraged) to attend club meetings, to vote on club issues, and may serve as a CVFSC board member. *Note: The parent representative is not eligible for use of club ice under this category – only one club-ice participant per membership. If club ice usage is desired for the parent representative, see Senior Member category, or pay per use at $12 per session, dependent on space availability. A subscription to Skating magazine is also included.
Fee is $290.00.
- Second Family Member: Second, or subsequent, Junior Member skaters in the same immediate family. A full club member, including all benefits mentioned above, except for a subscription to Skating magazine. Must have one immediate family member already enrolled as a full club member.
Fee is $260.00.
- Senior Member: A senior member/skater is a full club member 18 years of age or older. Membership includes USFSA registration, voting rights, the right to serve on the board, and all benefits outlined under club membership benefits.
Fee is $260.00.
- Half Year Club Member: A half year “full club” membership is offered ONLY from the period of January 1 through June 30 of the membership year with all rights granted to full club members. No other time period is eligible for a half year membership. Payment must be received by January 15 in order for member to skate in the CVFSC Spring Show. Half year members are not eligible to skate a solo in the CVFSC Spring Show. Volunteer/Service hour requirements would also be cut to one half, or 6½ hours.
Fee is $185.00
- Collegiate Member: A one-time fee for four consecutive years of USFSA registration. In the first year, the collegiate member will be charged $85 plus the cost of the Senior Membership minus the USFSA registration fee (for a Senior Member). In the second through fourth years, the collegiate member will pay the cost of the Senior Membership minus the USFSA membership fee. Members in this category have the same privileges and responsibilities as any Senior Member. Members in this category may choose a non-club ice option, thus reducing the membership cost. Collegiate Members who do not purchase club ice are not eligible for CVFSC Spring Show Solos. Collegiate members must show proof of college registration each year to retain this category.
Fees: Collegiate Member with Club Ice (First Year): $290.00
Collegiate Member with Club Ice (Second through Fourth Years): $200.00 each year
Collegiate Member without Club Ice (First Year): $125.00
Collegiate Member without Club Ice (Second through Fourth Years): $40.00 each year
- Supporting Member/Board Member: Includes USFSA membership, voting rights, but does not include club ice*. Candidates are those over the age of 18 who wish to support the club and/or serve on the board, including adult skaters, officials, attorneys, or other professionals or persons, or parents who do not already have these rights through a full Junior Club membership (above), either because they do not have a junior skater enrolled in the club or they are the parent of a senior skater. This category constitutes a full club membership for the purpose of club membership and/or serving on the board per CVFSC bylaws. This category does not include eligibility to skate in the CVFSC Spring Show. *Supporting members/Board members who are skaters may pay per use for club ice at $12 per session, dependent on space availability.
Fee is $100.00.
- Skating Professional/Coach: A full club member, a pro/coach member is an individual who contracts for private lessons. A member in this category is a current EIC On-Staff coach or PSA member who has PSA liability insurance and is a registered USFS coach. If not a registered USFS coach, applicant must provide a National Background Check. This category of membership has all the benefits listed above, including voting rights in all club matters, however membership/board participation may be subject to USFS eligibility rules. The pro/coach membership is for teaching/coaching rights, and does not take the place of a Senior Membership for the purpose of personal skating on club ice. If personal ice time as a skater is desired, session price is $12 each, or the pro/coach/skater may join the club as a Senior Member to contract for annual club ice. CVFSC Spring Show Skating Eligibility is at the discretion of the show chair. All non-eligibility rules regarding show participation still apply. Collegiate or Senior Members may add this category for an additional $15 fee if they meet the coaching requirements.
Fee is $100.00.
- Second Club Member: Second club members retain their primary membership at their home club, therefore USFSA registration is not included. This membership does not include club ice, voting rights, or the right to hold office on the club board. However Second Club Members may serve on or chair committees appointed by the board, participate in club activities, and all other benefits of club membership are included - however a higher charge may apply for show participation or other offerings. Members in this category may skate in the CVFSC Spring Show, but they may not skate a solo number. Second Club Members may pay per use for club ice at $12 per session, dependent on space availability.
Fee is $50.00